|click to view/download printable versions in:
PDFor see version below with items linked to further information.contact information has been removed from these for privacy; please contact me for a regular version.
Portland, OR 97219
tim (at) tjm (dot) org
OCLC Online Computer Library Center, Bloomfield, NJ & Columbus, OH
Product Manager, January 2006 to November 2009
(Openly Informatics division, and Web Services group).
- Managed development of new Web Services for OCLC.
- Product Manager for xISBN, xISSN services.
- Provided strategy analysis for Web Services including pricing, access policy, infrastructure and outsourcing.
Openly Informatics, Inc., Bloomfield, NJ
Product Manager, December 2002 to January 2006.
- Managed product requirements, development, documentation, customer service, and sales support for electronic-resources management software and Web Services.
- Worked closely with both technical team and major library customers on a regular release schedule.
- Delivered training/sales presentations to partner companies and large library-services vendors in US, Europe, & Asia.
- Implemented and administered company’s project-management tools, including web-based customer-support and bug/feature-tracking systems.
mediabistro.com, New York, NY.
Designer and Strategist, April 2001 to January 2002.
- Site design work and major features launch for a startup company offering on- and offline community for media professionals.
Juno Online Services, Inc., New York NY
Designer, Creative Services Department, 1998-2001.
- Developed marketing strategies and designed interactive ad campaigns for major internal and external clients, including Hewlett-Packard and Juno Gold / Juno Web products, at media startup (pre- and post-IPO).
M.S. in Library and Information Science, expected Spring 2012.
Long Island University (teaching site at NYU Libraries).
- Thesis: “Social Text Markup and the Reading Experience.”
B.A. Art (Graphic Design), 1997.
Yale University, New Haven, CT.
- Coursework in computer science, information design, typography, etc.
Institute for Museum and Library Services (IMLS) full-tuition scholarship for library graduate study, 2009.