I’m a designer, researcher, product developer in Oakland, California (and sometimes Mendocino County, and Portland, OR). Working on multiple projects, including: YIMBYwiki, a platform for YIMBY (Yes In My Backyard) movement organizing; and Houslets, research and prototyping of adaptable living spaces. Formerly: consultant at Stanford Media X; co-founder, Open Library of Humanities; Stanford HighWire Press; OCLC Online Computer Library Center; Openly Informatics (acquired by OCLC).
Other items of note:
- Social networking: LinkedIn profile Twitter: @tmccormick Facebook
- PGP Public Key: http://tjm.org/public-key/
- I co-edited Rebooting the Academy: 12 Tech Innovators Who Are Transforming Campuses, published in July 2012 by The Chronicle of Higher Education.
- I grew up in London for 10 years, then lived in Portland, then New Haven, CT; New York for 14 years; Palo Alto for 3 years; now am mostly in Oakland, California, and some of time in Mendocino County, CA, and Portland.
- I formerly worked for Stanford University’s HighWire Press, as Sr. Product Manager for Emerging Content. .
- Previously, I worked at OCLC, Online Computer Library Center, in the Grid Services (i.e. Web Services) group. .
- I’m a dual citizen of the U.S. and the U.K. .
- My two cats, Bao-yu (贾宝玉 / 賈寶玉 / Jiǎ Bǎoyù / Chia Pao-yu, “precious jade”), and, RIP (2008-2016) Tai-yu (林黛玉 / Lín Dàiyù / Lin Tai-yu; “Blue-black Jade”). They were named for two main characters in the classic Chinese novel Dream of the Red Chamber (Hónglóu mèng / 红楼梦).
- Skype: tim_mccormick .
- Photographs: Flickr-hosted photos 2005 to 2011 or so? .
- Book wish-lists and readings lists: Amazon wish list (more up-to-date / ephemeral, mostly books but other items also). Books wanted (long-term). Reading List (aka lifetime reading plan, not day-to-day) My personal library catalogued on LibraryThing, sorted by most recent aquisitions first. 4000+ books. No, I haven’t read all of them. .
- Map my San Francisco / Bay Area Google map (some places of note to me)
- JSTOR alumni access link.