|I’m a product developer, consultant, designer, & writer in Palo Alto, California, with backgrounds in library science & technology, art & design, software development, and scholarly publishing.
Formerly: research consultant at Stanford Media X; co-founder, Open Library of Humanities; Stanford HighWire Press; OCLC Online Computer Library Center. I received a B.A. from Yale University in Art (Graphic Design), and am near completion of a MSLIS (Library & Information Science) from the New York University / Long Island University joint program.
.Other items of note:
- Before moving to Palo Alto in Jan ’12, I lived in Portland, OR for a year, and in New York for 14 years before that.
- I formerly worked for Stanford University’s HighWire Press, as Sr. Product Manager for Emerging Content.
- Previously, I worked at OCLC, Online Computer Library Center, in the Grid Services (i.e. Web Services) group.
- I’m a dual citizen of the U.S. and the U.K.
- I have two cats, Bao-yu (贾宝玉 / 賈寶玉 / Jiǎ Bǎoyù / Chia Pao-yu, ”previous jade”) and Tai-yu (林黛玉 / Lín Dàiyù / Lin Tai-yu; “Blue-black Jade”). They are named for two main characters in the classic Chinese novel Dream of the Red Chamber (Hónglóu mèng / 红楼梦).
return to main page