I’m a designer, researcher, product developer in Portland, Oregon (and sometimes Mendocino County, California, and Oakland, California). Working on multiple projects, including: YIMBYwiki, a platform for YIMBY (Yes In My Backyard) movement organizing; and Houslets, research and prototyping of adaptable living spaces. Formerly: consultant at Stanford Media X; co-founder, Open Library of Humanities; Stanford HighWire Press; OCLC Online Computer Library Center; Openly Informatics (acquired by OCLC).
Other items of note:
- Social networking:
- PGP Public Key: http://tjm.org/public-key/
- I co-edited Rebooting the Academy: 12 Tech Innovators Who Are Transforming Campuses, published in July 2012 by The Chronicle of Higher Education.
- I was born in Portland, Oregon, then grew up in London for 10 years, then lived in Portland, then New Haven, CT; New York for 14 years; Palo Alto for 3 years; San Francisco and Mendocino and Oakland for 3 years; now am mostly in Portland.
- I formerly worked for Stanford University’s HighWire Press, as Sr. Product Manager for Emerging Content. .
- Previously, I worked at OCLC, Online Computer Library Center, in the Grid Services (i.e. Web Services) group. .
- I’m a dual citizen of the U.S. and the U.K. .
havehad two cats, Bao-yu (贾宝玉 / 賈寶玉 / Jiǎ Bǎoyù / Chia Pao-yu, “precious jade”), now living in Spokane; and, RIP (2008-2016) Tai-yu (林黛玉 / Lín Dàiyù / Lin Tai-yu; “Blue-black Jade”). They were named for two main characters in the classic Chinese novel Dream of the Red Chamber (Hónglóu mèng / 红楼梦).
- Skype: tim_mccormick .
Flickr-hosted photos 2005 to 2011 or so?
2017- on: Google Photos .
- Book wish-lists and readings lists:
- my San Francisco / Bay Area Google map (some places of note to me)
- JSTOR alumni access link.